This project aims to provide commonly used building blocks for Django projects
- TestCase mixins to ease the process of testing views via
- A JSONResponseMixin
- New generic class based view DetailViewWithPostAction which is able to
handle custom post actions.
- Template filter to provide field's verbose names
- Template tag for displaying the currently selected main navigation item
- Custom test_email_backend that sends emails to your own address no matter
who the recepient is
- Functions to test callable or non-callable views
- Dummy views to test your 404 and 500 templates
- RapidPrototypingView to render any template even when it has no view hooked
- AjaxRedirectMiddleware for jQuery AJAX calls that return 301 redirects
- AjaxResponseMixin for views that can return their normal template or a
partial template when it is an ajax call
- AccessMixin which allows to use views with the
based on a setting.
- A context processor to add your analytics tracking code to your template
- A decorator
lockfile for wrapping
handle methods of admin commands
so that they never run twice at the same time.
getCookie js function that can be used to retrieve the csrf token
for AJAX POST requests.
- A templatetag
call which allows to call any method with params.
- Utilities for loading classes from a string like
- Form, which add field labels as placeholder attributes.
- Function to convert html code into formatted plain text.
- Amazon S3 storage + django-compressor support files.
- An AJAX View to display paginated comments for every possible object.
- Tools to improve django-hvad
To get the latest stable release from PyPi::
pip install django-libs
To get the latest commit from GitHub::
pip install -e git://github.com/bitmazk/django-libs.git
See the docs folder for descriptions of the different tools this project
Or read the docs here: http://django-libs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
If you want to contribute to this project, please perform the following steps::
Fork this repository
Clone your fork
mkvirtualenv -p python2.7 django-libs
pip install -r requirements.txt
git co -b feature_branch master
Implement your feature and tests
git add . && git commit
git push -u origin feature_branch
Send us a pull request for your feature branch