This is the first major release of
deface. The CLI has changed significantly since the last release, so please make sure to read the new documentation if you have used an older version before.
- Support multiple input paths, also via shell expansion. Directories should now be processed through shell expansion.
- Remove support for passing directories directly as inputs
- Remove support for file name filters.
- Don't show preview GUI by default.
- Add "cam" input shortcut for webcam demo with live preview.
- Don't start webcam demo by default if no input paths are given, because this had lead to strange behavior on systems without webcam hardware. A help message is shown instead and the user is prompted to give input paths.
- Change some option names for better clarity and simplicity. Please refer to https://github.com/ORB-HD/deface#cli-usage-and-options-summary for the new option names.
- Improve CLI argument help texts. Display default values for options.
- Enable complete control over the FFMPEG encoder configuration through the new
--ffmpeg-config option. This controls how output videos are created.
- Improve reporting of input and output files that are currently being processed.
- Add detailed documentation to the readme.
- Add example images.
- Modify detection score overlays to make them more readable, disable face enumeration.
- Lift imageio-ffmpeg version restriction.
- Support preview GUI for photo inputs.
- Close preview GUI when the Esc or Q key is pressed, communicate this in the window title.
- Add a pyinstaller spec file. A pyinstaller distribution of
deface can now be created by running
$ pyinstaller deface.spec inside of the cloned repository.