Workflow is an application framework that provides architectural primitives.
- Written in and used for Kotlin and Swift
- A unidirectional data flow library that uses immutable data within each Workflow.
Data flows in a single direction from source to UI, and events in a single direction
from the UI to the business logic.
- A library that supports writing business logic and complex UI navigation logic as
state machines, thereby enabling confident reasoning about state and validation of
- Optimized for composability and scalability of features and screens.
- Corresponding UI frameworks that bind Rendering data classes for “views”
(including event callbacks) to Mobile UI frameworks for Android and iOS.
- A corresponding testing framework that facilitates simple-to-write unit
tests for all application business logic and helps ensure correctness.
Using Workflows in your project
See the square/workflow-swift repository.
See the square/workflow-kotlin repository.
Support & Contact
Workflow discussion happens in the Workflow Community slack. Use this open invitation.
Workflow maintainers also hang out in the #squarelibraries
channel on the Kotlin Slack.
Releasing and Deploying
Copyright 2019 Square Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.