ClearTextLabel - iOS (Objective-C)
ClearTextLabel is a
UILabel subclass that creates a label with see-through text.
- iOS 6.0 or later
- ARC (either project is ARC or ClearTextLabel is compiled with
- Want a pod for this, just add following line to your podfile-
- You may wish to copy the source files directly, totally up to you.
How To Use
Using ClearTextLabel is as simple as using regular UILabel :
ClearTextLabel* objCTLbl = [[ClearTextLabel alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(20, 100, 280, 368)];
objCTLbl.text = @"Can this be drawn with transparency ?";
ClearTextLabel draws the text provided to it with transparency.
- It uses CoreGraphics Context to draw the letters' CGPath.
- Letters' CGPath, how ? Well what's CoreText there for ?
How It Looks
Demo app includes the most basic regular example just for reference.