A document class that mimics
UIManagedDocument to support Core Data in all its modern glory:
- Saves to a file package
- On 10.7+, asynchronous saving is supported. We set up a parent/child pair of contexts; the parent saves on its own thread
- Full support for concurrent document opening too
- Subclasses can hook in to manage additional content inside the package
- A hook is also provided at the best time to set metadata for the store
- New docs have the bundle bit set on them. It means that if the doc gets transferred to a Mac without your app installed, with the bundle bit still intact, it will still appear in the Finder as a file package rather than a folder
- If the document moves on disk, Core Data is kept informed of the new location
- If multiple validation errors occur during saving, the presented error is adjusted to make debugging a little easier
- And of course, full support for Autosave-In-Place and Versions
Standard BSD licence.
Please see the header file for the full text.