Next-gen browser and mobile automation test framework for Node.js.
Developer Guide |
API Reference |
WebdriverIO is a test automation framework that allows you to run tests based on the Webdriver protocol and Appium automation technology. It provides support for your favorite BDD/TDD test framework and will run your tests locally or in the cloud using Sauce Labs, BrowserStack, TestingBot or LambdaTest.
:woman_technologist: :man_technologist: Contributing
You like WebdriverIO and want to help making it better? Awesome! Have a look into our Contributor Documentation to get started with setting up the repo.
If you're looking for issues to help out with, check out the issues labelled "good first pick". You can also reach out in our Gitter Channel if you have question on where to start contributing.
🏢 WebdriverIO for Enterprise
Available as part of the Tidelift Subscription.
The maintainers of WebdriverIO and thousands of other packages are working with Tidelift to deliver commercial support and maintenance for the open source dependencies you use to build your applications. Save time, reduce risk, and improve code health, while paying the maintainers of the exact dependencies you use. Learn more.
- webdriver - A Node.js bindings implementation for the W3C WebDriver and Mobile JSONWire Protocol
- devtools - A Chrome DevTools protocol binding that maps WebDriver commands into Chrome DevTools commands using Puppeteer
- webdriverio - Next-gen browser and mobile automation test framework for Node.js
- @wdio/cli - A WebdriverIO testrunner command line interface
- @wdio/config - A helper utility to parse and validate WebdriverIO options
- @wdio/logger - A helper utility for logging of WebdriverIO packages
- @wdio/protocols - Utility package providing information about automation protocols
- @wdio/repl - A WDIO helper utility to provide a repl interface for WebdriverIO
- @wdio/reporter - A WebdriverIO utility to help reporting all events
- @wdio/runner - A WebdriverIO service that runs tests in arbitrary environments
- @wdio/sync - A WebdriverIO plugin. Helper module to run WebdriverIO commands synchronously
- @wdio/utils - A WDIO helper utility to provide several utility functions used across the project
🤝 Project Governance
This project is maintained by awesome people following a common set of rules and treating each other with respect and appreciation.
:man_cook: :woman_cook: Backers
Become a backer and show your support to our open source project.
Does your company use WebdriverIO? Ask your manager or marketing team if your company would be interested in supporting our project. Support will allow the maintainers to dedicate more time for maintenance and new features for everyone. Also, your company's logo will show on GitHub - who doesn't want a little extra exposure? Here's the info.
Show the world you're using webdriver.io →
[![tested with webdriver.io](https:
<img alt="WebdriverIO" src="https://img.shields.io/badge/tested%20with-webdriver.io-%23ea5906">