Record gifs and take screenshots on linux, built with electron.
Tested on Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04 in
- Recording a gif
- Start recording an area or an active window by a hotkey.
- Stop by a hotkey, get a generated gif file opened via
xdg-open (commonly in a image viewer).
- Drag & drop it into an input in a browser (currently there is a problem with copy/paste to/from the clipboard, follow issue#8 for details).
- Taking a screenshot
- Take a screenshot of an area or an active window by a hotkey (with mac os like shadow - example).
- Get a screenshot copied in the clipboard.
- Paste it into into an input in a browser.
- Preview gallery
- Upload to imgur
All files are persisted in customizable location.
All hotkeys are customizable in settings.
First install the dependencies
$ sudo apt-get install slop imagemagick byzanz
If you don't have
apt-get or have any troubles follow readmes of projects
record-desktop itself by either Debian package or npm
Download the latest
deb release from https://github.com/ewnd9/record-desktop/releases
$ sudo dpkg -i record-desktop_v*_amd64.deb
$ npm install record-desktop --global
Just put it to autostart
$ npm run build:watch
$ npm start
$ npm run build:electron-deb && sudo dpkg -i dist-pkg/installers/*.deb
- make notifications optional
- quick actions against latest files in the tray menu
- auto refresh the gallery on new files creation
- display size and resolutions of files in the gallery
- the mac os like shadow effect for screenshots
made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com
is licensed under CC BY 3.0.
MIT © ewnd9