This is a plugin for homebridge to create powerful variables like timers and counters within homekit. You can download it via npm.
Feel free to leave any feedback here.
What can I do with this plugin?
- Add variables to homekit.
- Remove variables from homekit.
- Define options for variables.
- Do all this from within homekit without the need to configure the variables in a file.
- Do all this during runtime without the need to restart homebridge.
- List and use variables.
- Utilize the variables in homekit rules.
Variable types and options
- Timer (Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds)
- Counter (Min, Max, Count up, Count down)
- Switch (On, Off)
- Text (Value, Readonly)
- Event (Date, Time)
- Recurring Event (Day of month, Weekday, Hour, Minute, Second)
Compatible Homekit Apps
- Install homebridge using:
npm install -g homebridge
- Install this plugin using:
npm install -g homebridge-logic
- Update your configuration file. See the sample below.
Add the following information to your config file. Set a writable folder as cache directory.
I cannot add my variable
Check if a variable with the same name already exists.
My added variable does not show up in the list
In the current Eve app you have to change the room twice and then open the variable list again to a refresh it.
Example use cases
Find and add your own here here
Choose a variable type to add
Define variable options
List and use your variables
Remove a variable
(c) Screenshots are taken from Elgato Eve app