A generator for Yeoman.
What is Yeoman?
Trick question. It's not a thing. It's this guy:
Basically, he wears a top hat, lives in your computer, and waits for you to tell him what kind of application you wish to create.
Not every new computer comes with a Yeoman pre-installed. He lives in the npm package repository. You only have to ask for him once, then he packs up and moves into your hard drive. Make sure you clean up, he likes new and shiny things.
npm install -g yo
Yeoman travels light. He didn't pack any generators when he moved in. You can think of a generator like a plug-in. You get to choose what type of application you wish to create, such as a Backbone application or even a Chrome extension.
To install generator-yogurt from npm, run:
npm install -g generator-yogurt
Finally, initiate the generator:
Getting To Know Yeoman
Yeoman has a heart of gold. He's a person with feelings and opinions, but he's very easy to work with. If you think he's too opinionated, he can be easily convinced.
If you'd like to get to know Yeoman better and meet some of his friends, Grunt and Bower, check out the complete Getting Started Guide.
And open http://127.0.0.1:9001 at your browser!
Then, if you change any of your jade template or sass stylesheet, your browser would be reloaded automatically! Open your work on many devices/screens and enjoy!
- Jade (with partials)
- Imagemin optimization
- CSSO stylesheets optimization
- CSS concatenation
- JS concatenation
- Normalize.css or Eric Meyer reset.css
- SASS Data URI (base64 images generator)
- Russian rouble symbol font
- Sticky footer
- Twitter Bootstrap 3 Grid
- 2014-09-12 0.0.12 - Jade compile task fixed. Compile pages when partials changed.
- 2014-06-24 0.0.11 - JS minify added at production mode.
- 2014-06-23 0.0.10 - JS concatenation added at production mode. Change concat-css grunt module to contrib-concat.
- 2014-06-20 0.0.9 - CoffeeScript single file support added.
- 2014-06-19 0.0.8 - .gitignore for node modules and SASS cache added.
- 2014-06-17 0.0.7 - Twitter Bootstrap 3 Grid CSS option added.
- 2014-06-16 0.0.6 - Remove optimization tasks from options, jade templates refactored, sticky footer option added.
- 2014-04-08 0.0.5 - 'npm publish' makes me crazy. %)
- 2014-04-08 0.0.4 - Grunt CSSO module added.
- 2014-04-07 0.0.3 - Grunt imagemin module added.
- 2014-04-03 0.0.2 - Russian rouble sign support added.
- 2014-04-02 0.0.1 - first release.