Book of Deity
Chapter 1: Introduction
- In the beginning, Stephen Bourne created the Bourne Shell.
- And the Bourne Shell asked the Programmers, "Am I good, Programmers?"
- And the Programmers said, "Yea, thou art good."
- And the Bourne Shell inspired Programmers to create more Shells such as bash and zsh in its image. And the Programmers saw that the Shells were good.
Chapter 2: The Problem
- Then came complicated projects with preprocessors such as Sass and Coffeescript and application servers.
- And the Shells were discovered to be limited as they could not intelligently run many Programs at once without the Programmers having to babysit the Shells and the Programs.
- Now, Arthanzel was quite fed up with all this babysitting.
- And Arthanzel downloaded Node.js.
- And Arthanzel
- On the seventh day Arthanzel had finished the work he was doing.
- Then Arthanzel released his Code to Github where it will benefit all of the Programmers and called his Code, 'Deity'.
Chapter 3: The Quite Few Commands and Commandments
- Deity is a Script and a Daemon that intelligently run many Programs at once such as Sass and Coffeescript and application servers without the Programmers having to babysit the Sass and Coffeescript and application servers.
- And the Documentation to Deity read all these words:
- Deity shall run a Daemon to intelligently run many Programs at once.
- Thou shall execute
deity new GLaDOS glados.sh -i --cake to create a new Process called GLaDOS. And the command that shall be executed will be
glados.sh with flags
- Thou shall execute
deity list to list all Processes started by Deity and see their names and PIDs.
- Thou shall kill Processes started by Deity by executing
deity kill GLaDOS and the Process that shall be killed will be the Process whose name is GLaDOS.
- Thou shall get the standard input and error of process GlaDOS by executing
deity out GlaDOS.
- Thou shall write "cake" to the standard input of process GlaDOS by executing
deity in GlaDOS cake.
- Thou shall exit the Daemon and all Processes started by Deity by executing
- Thou shall force exit the Daemon by executing
- Thou shall not force exit needlessly, as it may leave zombie processes and memory leaks.
- Thou shall hold no creators of Diety above Arthanzel (respect the MIT license and don't mooch credit).
- Thou shall not complain if Diety deletes your computer for Deity is a work in progress and you shall be ignored.